A Customer Journey: The Tideway Story
Tideway Central is the project name of a joint venture between Laing O’Rourke Construction and Ferrovail Agroman UK Ltd. The project goal is to deliver the longest stretch of the Thames Tideway Tunnel; a 25 km sewer to prevent an average of 20 million tonnes of untreated sewage discharging into the Thames on an annual basis.
This joint venture is located across numerous sites, each with their individual manual purchase requisition processes for all materials and equipment. Difficult purchase processes via complicated Excel spreadsheets and delivery delays would impact other sites, causing costly delays. The client needed one simplified requisition process solution with automatic notifications and overall project insights to ensure ease of use and avoid costly errors and delays.
A customised Purchase Requisition Application was created using the infoFINIUM platform. This solution was rapidly delivered; from concept to deployment 3 months, as it was built using innovative Mesh Application Service Architecture (MASA) technology. The application is used across a range of devices and services; mobile apps, touch screens and websites, all accessed via wifi or mobile data, or offline with automatic updates, when in service range again.
The user-friendly application ensured consistent and accurate data on entry, automated the purchase order process, provided up-to-date information on both individual site and overall status in terms of materials, equipment and delivery. All information is automatically distributed to all stakeholders with any relevant notifications.
The future is looking bright
Whilst this solution is rolled out across all existing sites and meets all current functionality requirements, this scalable solution can be further deployed as the number of sites or functionality may increase. To date 10,000 + purchase order requisitions have been raised using infoFINIUM.
Key benefits to Tideways:
- Time savings: streamlined processing ensures all materials and equipment are delivered to the correct sites at the right times, therefore avoiding any delays
- Cost savings: no delays = no extra costs, automatic processing and notifications save employee time
- Increased visibility: Better reporting enables senior management to optimise project construction delivery
- Increased functionality: a user-friendly solution with big buttons ensures staff adoption to enter correct data, follow data rules and complete the purchase requisition in a timely manner. Automatic workflows provide e-signoffs and better visibility into purchase status
- Increased processing efficiency: data validation and security are managed better, leaving a full audit trail
- Optimised business process: TechFINIUM business analysts provide recommendations to align individual processing to one unified working model which has been adopted and mapped to the new solution
Want to find out more? Request your MASA brochure today in the UK on 44 (0)1494 546 089 or South Africa on 27 83 565 0429, email email@example.com or visit www.techfinium.com
Who are we?
TechFINIUM is a leading trusted software and solutions provider. Our aim is to enable businesses to efficiently manage business critical processes, corporate governance and compliance – globally.
We are proud of our team of highly experienced & well-connected professionals, who have been successfully delivering business solutions across diverse technologies and in multiple industry sectors.
Along with this, we are able to call on our extensive network of consultants, partners and associates to augment our delivery capacity. TechFINIUM currently has operations in the UK, South Africa and India.
Can we help with a project you are working on? call us on or leave your details and we will call you:
‘Harnessing Technology Boundaries’