About HRA Pharma
HRA Pharma is an innovative, award-winning, OTC-focused and rapidly growing company, with direct operational presence in 11 European countries and partnerships that have extended its products’ availability to over 90 countries worldwide.
Expert in the treatment of rare diseases, they have built a portfolio of three essential endocrinology therapeutic medicines, the development of which is accelerating across Europe.
Their ambition for the years to come is to become one of the fastest growing global Consumer Healthcare companies, empowering people throughout the world to improve their lives by developing accessible, value added self-care solutions.
- To refine, restructure and provide additional governance to the supplier creation and onboarding process.
- To provide interactive real time data insights through integration with JD Edwards ERP.
- To create dashboards and drill down reporting capabilities focused around spend category, vendor spendand planned vs actual comparison.
- Install dataFINIUM, our intelligent data hub in the HRA Pharma infrastructure.
- Conduct business requirements workshops.
- Analyse existing HRA Pharma systems.
- Ingest data from HRA data sources and develop portals for data manipulation.
- Categorise, correlate and enrich procurement data.
- Create business intelligence dashboards and insight reporting.
- Present development progress weekly to enable customer collaboration.
- Monitor project milestones with weekly governance meetings for transparency.
- Provide appropriate business training and documentation.
- Support the client during user acceptance testing and through the go-live phase.
- Manage and implement post go-live change requests.
- Optimised procurement spend due to improved data visibility, categorisation and transparency of expenditure allocation.
- Enabled cost savings by reducing the number of suppliers being onboarded by the finance, procurement, legal, quality and IT teams.
- Improved decision making due to ingesting, cleansing and correlating the data so spend to suppliers could be analysed across the global group.
- Achieved a better negotiation position and thereby cost savings with suppliers by rationalising number of suppliers being used globally.
- The system is currently serving operations in France, Spain, Italy, Germany, US & UK.
The Data Company initially engaged with HRA Pharma to provide a 6 week Proof of Value. During this exercise we created a role-based portal to create suppliers. We also ingested static data exported from the ERP, JD Edwards to provide business intelligence dashboards.
Once the Proof of Value was successfully delivered and all requirements criteria met, we engaged in a 10 week exercise from requirements gathering to UAT Sign Off to extend the portals created during the Proof of Value.
The supplier creation and onboarding process was further refined and enhanced:
- by adding full auditability of all action carried out on the portal;
- by extending review and approval process spanning multiple departments;
- and by introducing cost spend categorisation.
During this phase, the solution was integrated with the JD Edwards ERP to retrieve real time data regarding supplier creation, and the insight dashboards and reporting were also further enhanced to enable users to slice and dice the data, and drill down to specific information.
HRA Pharma have now gone live with the solution and we continue to support them with any change requests to further enhance the solution functionality.